- Marketing is regarded as the most important element in the growth of every company. Whether the business is small and has limited financial capabilities or it’s a big budget business with powerful financial backup, only marketing efficiency can help it make an impact in the marketplace and earn suitable income.
India is growing fast as a corporate hub and hence, career in marketing is becoming very benefiting. A career in marketing involves analysing trends in the current market, formulating marketing strategies for business growth, and implementing techniques to increase profitability and market development. The various job opportunities under marketing profile are- project managers, marketing managers, market analysts, sales managers, etc.
- Eligibility Criteria for Marketing Jobs
A bachelor degree along with an MBA with marketing specialisation is essential for getting marketing jobs. Besides MBA programmes, BBM (Bachelors in Business Management) or BBA (Bachelors in Business Administration) degree holders can also find various positions in the field of marketing. The diploma course, PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Management) also make the students professionally qualified in the fields of marketing, brand management, entertainment, advertising, etc.
Graduates in any discipline can apply for a two year MBA or PGDM programme with specialisation in marketing. Admission is based on written examination followed by group discussion and personal interview. CAT, XAT, MAT are some of the management entrance test conducted by the institutes like Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Xavier Labour Research Institute (XLRI), All India Management Association (AIMA), etc.
Even though, these exams are conducted by the respective institutes for their admission, its scores are widely accepted by many of the Indian Business Schools. There are number of B-Schools in India offering two-year MBA or PGDM full time program. Therefore, it is not difficult to find MBA institutes with marketing specialisation in India.
- Career after MBA-Marketing
- All industries require qualified marketing executives who can lead their company to the peak of success. From joining as a marketing executive, one can become a marketing manager or product manager within a very short span of time.
The students with MBA marketing from reputed institutes get to choose the company, they wish to work with. They can go into diverse fields like Business development manager, Channel sales executive or manager in any FMCG company like HUL. There are numerous marketing jobs in FMCG sector with excellent salaries and perks. They can even go for IT Industry. The outsourcing business in IT sector solely depends upon the capability of sales and marketing teams.
Further, opportunities in the government sector are huge for these people, especially in banks and Public sector businesses. Students can also apply for jobs in various multi-national companies (MNCs).
- Placement consultants are specialised in marketing jobs
- Placement consultants help in providing the right job to the right candidate. There are many job consultants in India, who are specialised in providing marketing jobs with several reputed companies. These consultants always remain in touch with the top MNCs, corporate firms, private limited firms and other big & small companies in India and abroad. These companies tell their human resource requirements to these recruitment consultants, who find the appropriate candidates for them.